Display behind dash (center "speaker" cover)

erneland

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi,

I removed the dash the other day and when I was checking the condition of it I removed that cover in the center of the panel and found a digital display there. Anyone who know what that is? I also noticed something quite cool, for being long time ago, the cover was attached with small magnets(!). Anyway, could this have been a taxi? There's also cruise control, electric sunroof, electric windows front and rear.

Br,
Michael
Sweden
Edit: sorry, wrong forum! How can I delete?

Attachments

• display.jpg
    display.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 181
  • display2.jpg
    display2.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:

jmackro

Reaction score
That doesn't look like early 1970's technology! Unless your car was built by an advanced species of alien (*), the digital display, as well as the magnet-attached cover panel, are recent additions by a previous owner.

*) I kind of like that theory - these guys had sophisticated electronics 40 years ago, but were clueless about rust prevention because, like The Man who Fell to Earth, their planet had no water!

Last edited:

erneland

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Haha! I knew it! Aliens are involved ;). I think this is some electronics for keeping track of range or something and maybe its an early board computer. I have cruise control installed and it could be related to that I guess. But anyway, it will stay inside the car as a memory of ancient times :).