DOB Pictures: Front end

Malc

Reaction score
Well here we go.......
Repairing RHS Turret top

100_0120.gif

Reinforcing "web"

rhsweb.gif

Both sides done and front of inners repaired (more work required).......

100_0137.gif

More to come!
Malc

Ian Larsen

Reaction score
wow.

May we all tip a glass to Malcolm and his exceptional commitment to the cause! (As for myself, I already would have been committed by now.)

CookeD

Reaction score
Hee hee... That last photo reminds me-- A friend of mine, after viewing my CS with the hood open, is almost certain that he can get a BMW V-12 into a CS... Of course, he needs to get his own for the attempt, but...

Malc, now's your chance!

John

velocewest

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Now Malc, aren't you going to put a hole in the vertical triangular piece like Karmann did, so it can fill with sand, rust like a China freighter and have you at this task again in 10 years?
:shock: :wink:

AndyM

Reaction score
Malc -- I do my own welding and fab work, too, and can fully appreciate how many hours you have into this project. That's dedication! It looks great -- and you're actually making progress!

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
The triangular hole

velocewest said:
Now Malc, aren't you going to put a hole in the vertical triangular piece like Karmann did, so it can fill with sand, rust like a China freighter and have you at this task again in 10 years?
:shock: :wink:

Is there any reason not to hoover the sand box out, staurate with POR-15 and seal it up forever? It just seems like an accident waiting to happen and there is nothing you need (or could) to access through it.

Doug

M5dCS

Reaction score
Malc, I've been where you are now, although my coupe may have been a tad worse. Do not get discouraged, the pride of worksmanship is what it's really all about. I don't know if you can get it in the UK, but I ran across a paint called weld-thru-it, just coat the pieces to be welded,and weld away, the paint burns into the weld and protects all of the rest. After you get everything welded up you just scuff sand it and coat it with primer. I was skeptical at first but now I am never without a can of it for most all welding jobs. Keep up the good work, it's good to see others taking command of the tin worm. Regards Leroy

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
well done!

Malc, its going well, you look to have taken on a fair project but it will be all the more rewarding in the end therefore.

Glad to see the nose was of use.

Regards,

Rohan