Does anybody know this car?

slapshot

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm in search of a coupe but I live in southern Ontario , Canada and there aren't many around here. I would appreciate any advice on how to go about buying a car. Have any of you bought a car sight unseen? I found this one in SoCal
url]
[/list]

John H.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Slapshot, I would never buy sight unseen. Find someone who can check the car out for you (I'll try if it is near me in Laguna) and get reams more pictures. Scour this board for the weak points on these cars and request pictures of the problem areas (rocker panels, fender channels, etc.). While a CSI is more collectible than a regular CS, the wording of this seller implies that a newer different engine has been installed. Non-matching numbers lowers future value in my humble opinion.

Reaction score
I agree. Nice car, I like the colour and steering wheel. But thats too much money for blind faith! If it was a deal of the century, I might consider it!

I've seen a few come up around Southern Ontario every now and then, but I'm not telling you when one does, cause it will be mine first!! :lol:

708uvr

Reaction score
I may know it....

If the car was restored in Sturbridge, Massachusetts in the mid-90s, I know it & can verify that it was properly restored. Not positive if it's the same car.

Jonathan

Reaction score
While John H. makes some great points I think that- aside from a matching CSL, an engine upgrade to a 3.3 or 3.5L mated to a 5 speed done at La Jolla or at a similar place will actually raise the value of the CS or CSi. The down side is now that Carl is charging 17K to make this conversion.