Does anybody make wood door panel boards?

BlauMitWeiss

Reaction score
Does anybody make wood door panel boards? These are readily available for the 2002, but can I get them for an E9?

thanks

Did ya try Seams Perfect, see links. He did a rear seat delete for my coupe though not listed on his site, he might have that coupe project still around to pattern from.

HTH
-shanon

I would also be interested in a set, I have old panels - door and quarter if they needed a template.

Mark

Seriously, if there were enough of us that would commit to purchasing them we could have them made at a reasonable price. I was thinking the same thing about having those quirky belt molding bolts - that rust and shear off - made out of stainless steel.

Wow, great response, who knew?

Are the quirky little rusting trim bolts the same as the '02? I know you can get them for the'02.

Wow, great response, who knew?

Are the quirky little rusting trim bolts the same as the '02? I know you can get them for the'02.

If you mean the bolts that hold on the exterior "chrome" waist line trim I'm afraid the answer is no. They are different, maybe they could be modified.
Malc

wood door panels

if you mean replacing the pressboard that goes under the door interior vinyl, I replaced mine with some 1/8 inch lauan plywood, using the old one for a template. It was too simple.

Only thing to watch for is when you staple the vinyl onto the 1/8 ply, use short staples or they'll stick thru. Also, before stapling the vinyl on, weatherproof the ply with a coat or two of poly clear or what-have-you.

moisture barrier on door panels

I still have theoriginals on the BLUMAX but unusual considering my level of ignorance in the care and feeding of a Coupe 35 years ago when BLU arrived in my care.

Good Rules
1) always reinstall or replace the plastic moisture barrier attached to inner skin of doors and quarter panels

2) I coated my panels with POR-15 about 20 years ago and with the barrier in place and panels coated-no more moisture to cause deterioration

3) never put direct streams of water over your Coupe unless absolutely necessary-instead clean with smallest amount of water that will clean surfaces-if just dusty-use California duster in the shade, never in the sunlight-damp sponge or mitt and finish wipe with microfiber to avoid scratching

Back