Does anyone know this coupe??

gazzol

Reaction score
A couple of years ago a green (ex works) CSL was paraded arround the circuit at the Goodwood revival (so I'm told) does anyone know this car and can they let me have a piccy?

Many thanks.......gazzol

hhmmmm...

Are you decribing the later green Alpina CSL (Gosser Beer?) possibly? Had the Grp. 2 flares opposed to the big boxy Grp. 5 flares. If so, I have an interesting article on the car from a period magazine. Article decribes the car as Alpina's finest CS development.

If so, let me know and maybe Santa can scan it for you... :wink:

-shanon

Am not too sure which car it is, all I know is that the car was paraded at the Goodwood revival a couple of years back. Allow me to explain. A freind of mine runs a garage, a few days ago one of his customers who owns a construction company drops by to arrange some work to be done on one of his vans. On the back of the vehicle that he's come down in is a very odd looking car trailer what was odd about the trailer was that it was much wider at the back that the front. My freind commented on the trailer and the bloke said " Oh thats for my ex works BMW CSL, I rescued it from Malasia".
My freind couldn't wait to tell me all about it. Anyway I would like to see a picture of the car but as I said I don't actually know which car it is as yet but I'm going to be working on it!!!

The car you are very likely referring to (and I am surprised the ex-owner did not even mention it) is a much wider "green" CSL, it is a Gp5 Schnitzer CSL (quite ironically also sponsored by Goesser). This Gp5 CSL indeed was "sleeping" in Malaysia prior having been resued and brought back to U.K.

This must be the one. Unfortunetly I didn't manage to speak to the new owner of the car so I know little about it, only what my friend relayed to me. Are there/ do you know of any pictures of this car.
Thanks.....gazzol

Back