Does anyone know what happened with this 73 3.0 cs w 40k listed on bimmerfest?

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191294

This car looks perfect, but I can't seem to get in touch with the seller by any means. It's ashame because the car looks like exactly what I wanted.

There are a bunch for sale here, but it seems that the prices are very high but I am not sure. http://www.bmwclassicparts.com/gallery/bmw/bmw-cs-coupes-for-sale/

If anyone knows where I can find a great example with no mechanical or rust issues for about $18k-$30k, please let me know.

Thanks!!!

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If you post your location in your profile people can help you better.

I tried to buy that car a year and a half ago, tracked down that and the subsequent owner but either the last one didn't want to sell or didn't know who had it now so the trail ended.

I don't have any personal experience with CSI but other members here I am sure have, haven't heard good things though.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The first post in 2007 doesn't appear to be the same car or user ID from 2010, different personalized license plates. The later posting was alive for quite a while, price kept dropping, Carl Nelson checked it out. It would need recommissioning, seller went silent by January 2011. There is another thread on that coupe in San Diego from Sept of 2010 or so. Don't waste your time on Bimmerfest, no Classic activity there for sure.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes I was referring to the original post - the 73 used for the brochure and documented - the last post is a 72 auto and is discussed here in prior threads.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
My profile

I just completed my profile. I live in Ketchum (Sun Valley), Idaho. It's a small resort mountain town with no great mechanics so I need tge car to be in top shape when it arrives.

If you post your location in your profile people can help you better.

I tried to buy that car a year and a half ago, tracked down that and the subsequent owner but either the last one didn't want to sell or didn't know who had it now so the trail ended.

I don't have any personal experience with CSI but other members here I am sure have, haven't heard good things though.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That coupe looks fantastic, wonder what it sold for. Owner is on trhis board.

Chris (in Flagstaff)

Last edited: