Does the Brake master Cylinder separate from the Brake Servo Booster?

Daxklynsmith

Reaction score
Hi all, mentioned some time back that I had a Blown seal between the master and the servo(I assume as the Servo is full of Brake Fluid)
Seal kits are n/a as is the O -ring seal so am going to have to hunt and peck at a Seal Supplier in Dublin.
Both my Manuals show a separation but it looks pretty solid to me????
its a 72 right hand drive 3.0 Carbed CS, the Master Cylinder has 1.2 stamped on it.
I have access to two 2.5 stamped Master Cylinders with Servo's from my 79 635 CSi but think space will be an issue?

Any comments??
Rgards
Dax

MMercury

Reaction score
I had a Blown seal between the master and the servo(I assume as the Servo is full of Brake Fluid) Seal kits are n/a as is the O -ring seal so am going to have to hunt and peck at a Seal Supplier in Dublin. . . . . Any comments??
Rgards
Dax

I can't speak to available master cylinder rebuild kits and I am unfamiliar with right hand drive E9s. If you are describing a leaky 0-ring between the master and brake booster as commonly found on the left hand drivers, it is very common to many ATE master cylinders and available from most suppliers.

Per the attached site, many BMW models apparently use the same o-ring. I would wager many other marques use the same part too, e.g., Mercedes, Volvo and VW.

If, for some reason, you are describing a different seal, it might be easier for you to post a picture or a part number so that it might be cross referenced.

http://de.bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/34314650345/

"No 7" below part no 34 31 4 650 345:

30.png

Last edited:

Daxklynsmith

Reaction score
Thanks NMercury, rh and LH use the same Brake cylinders and boosters with the addition of a bar connector.
thanks
I will ask around.

Daxklynsmith

Reaction score
It did'nt look as if the servo would come off there was so much gunk "welded" in by time and neglect.
A search for the seal rebuild kit took me across the States, Germany, France,and South Africa with the same answer, N/A.
Found a set in stock at my local BMW dealership 30 minutes drive away.

Daxklynsmith

Reaction score
And then the sealkit was for a CSi as the bore size of the seals was way larger.
The 80 635 CSI donated its Master cylinders, which married to the servo's perfectly,
Voila!!
We have brakes.