Door handle components

drccm1122

Reaction score
Anybody know if you can get the rubber pieces that fit onto the inside door handles. I've got them but they won't stay. Guess I could glue them if no alternative.

gazzol

Reaction score
drccm1122 said:
Anybody know if you can get the rubber pieces that fit onto the inside door handles. I've got them but they won't stay. Guess I could glue them if no alternative.

They are only stuck on anyways, so if you arlready have them you may as well use the ones you got. A good clean up and a dab of impact adhesive should do the trick :wink:

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Inner door handle inserts--no rubber ones that I've seen

All are of a plastic vinyl material that will stay in place when correctly installed--no glue needed. The following method of fitting the inserts into E-9, E-3 or 2002 door handles--has always worked for me!!!!

HOW TO:
step 1--slip the narrow end of the insert over the sharp "v" shaped end of the door handle--hold in place with finger

step 2--while holding the pointed end insert wide sharp end into same size slot at the opposite pivot point of the handle

step 3--with both ends securely positioned--snap the "feet" into the slottted opening of the door handle proper

voila--if all goes well and you have a good insert that should do it--however, If you have never done this before it may take a time or two to get the right feel for fitment.

Also--if insert is cold when trying to do this--warm it with a hair dryer to soften it and enhance its pliability/flexability. If your inserts are torn, frayed or mangled in any way--do not save*--aim damaged insert in the direction of nearest trash container--if you hit it--score 2 or 3 points if from over 20 feet--trot down to nearest Stealer and get a new pair.

replace them with new.

* Unless creating a collage of non-salvageable well used Coupe parts

HTH