Drain tube in rocker panel, '73 3.0CS

ES 1800

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have noted that there is a drain tube in the right side rocker panel in front of the rear wheel. Three questions:

1. Where is the water supposed to exit the rocker from that tube? (photo would be helpful if you have one)

2. Where does that tube start (i.e. what is it draining) ?

3. Is there one on the left side as well?

Thanks, jim

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
1. It is SUPPOSED to drain out of the small rocker drain openings, check these:

2. The tube is attached to the back of c-pillar roundel vent

3. Yes

4. I relocated these drain tubes to exit out of the rear wheel wells.

jjs2800cs

Reaction score
If you have a sunroof you will find 4 more drain tubes, one for each corner of the sunroof. The front two hoses aslo drain down into the rocker panel, hence need to keep those openings along the rocker panel open. The two rear sunroof tubes drain through the trunk floor on each side, if I remember.

I also redirected the c-pillar hoses to drain out of the inner fender well. did the same thing for the front sunroof drains.

jjs2800cs

ES 1800

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If you have a sunroof you will find 4 more drain tubes, one for each corner of the sunroof. The front two hoses aslo drain down into the rocker panel, hence need to keep those openings along the rocker panel open. The two rear sunroof tubes drain through the trunk floor on each side, if I remember.

I also redirected the c-pillar hoses to drain out of the inner fender well. did the same thing for the front sunroof drains.

jjs2800cs
Thanks. Could you send me a picture of the exit for the C pillar and front sunroof drains? (If you prefer, [email protected])

ES 1800

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
1. It is SUPPOSED to drain out of the small rocker drain openings, check these:

2. The tube is attached to the back of c-pillar roundel vent

3. Yes

4. I relocated these drain tubes to exit out of the rear wheel wells.
Very helpful. Thank you.