Dry ice works

jefflit

Site Donor $
Reaction score
One hour. All sound deadening material gets hard and brittle and cracks right off.

dryIce.jpeg

This approach is used by a lot of the 911 owners to get the thick deadening off the floors. Supposedly it's by far the fastest way. The stuff is Uber tough to even make a dent in otherwise..

I ended up removing all the old stuff the hard way, by hand, scrapper, solvents, etc. what a job! We tried to get dry ice but when we did the work it was right in the middle of the virus roll out and dry ice was essentially unobtainable in my area. Yes using it does work, if you can get it. I suppose no problem now.

jjs2800cs

I ended up removing all the old stuff the hard way, by hand, scrapper, solvents, etc. what a job! We tried to get dry ice but when we did the work it was right in the middle of the virus roll out and dry ice was essentially unobtainable in my area. Yes using it does work, if you can get it. I suppose no problem now.

jjs2800cs

If you have trouble, trying going to a local butcher or even the grocery store meat department. I can buy a 10lb block at the grocery store. I used to put it in my kids’ pumpkins around this time.

If you have trouble, trying going to a local butcher or even the grocery store meat department. I can buy a 10lb block at the grocery store. I used to put it in my kids’ pumpkins around this time.
The problem becomes the form factor. You need it in the smaller kernels they make so you can cover the area evenly. I don't know how hard it is to break it up...

In ATL, you can buy dry ice in solid blocks, cut blocks and pellets. so if you were going to do this type of application, find a source for dry ice pellets. then you could even try using it with a portable sand blaster ... might need a big nozzle

Back