Duane thanks for attending

gary bellamy

Reaction score
Hey Duane, It was really nice to meet you at Tedfest and of course being able see your very nice Alpina. I had planned on catching up to you later
to see if you were going to the BBQ at Ted's house as it is open to all attendees, and you could have followed me there. As you probably were aware I had a For Sale sign on my Coupe and on 3 separate occasions I was tied up with potential buyers. When it was time to leave I did not see you so I assumed you had followed someone else. Nicad[Bob] was thinking of going even though his coupe is not ready for the road as yet. He will be kicking himself for not being able to check out the Alpina. Anyway I will be
going Pittsburgh for the PVGP at Schenley Park July 20-22. If you or anyone
else is going to be there, I will look forward to meeting up with you, and maybe having a couple of !! Refreshing Beverages !!.

Gary
73 Chamonix

duane_sword

Reaction score
Gary it was a pleasure to meet you at TedFest. I enjoyed the event and quality mix of BMWs, Hartge, Schnitzer, Alpina, Mini and the Sunbeam Tiger parked next to me.

I will not be able to attend the PVGP, but I will be heading to the Vintage at Saratoga on July 14 with a number of fellow E9 enthusiasts in the northeast US... Any Canadians coming ? Toronto to Saratoga NY is ~4hours drive depending on the traffic at the border .

Did you sell your coupe Gary?

gary bellamy

Reaction score
Thanks for attending

Hey thanks Duane. It was a good turnout - just not enough coupes. Yea Dukes Tiger is pretty sweet. I didn't sell my coupe but one guy seems interested and says that he has a very nice E24. Maybe we can do a trade deal. That is what I will be looking for. I am already committed to PVGP otherwise I would like to go to Saratoga. Anyway hope to catch up to
you again sometime.

Regards
Gary

I dont know if anybody is heading to Saratoga

J J Kelly

Reaction score
Pvgp

Gary,
I live in Erie and with any luck my CS will be here by the 22nd..(it's being shipped this week). Pardon my ignorance as I'm new but is there an event that weekend !! My son has been telling me about a classic car event sometime in July but of course as I type this he is know here to be found !
Let me know please , would like to meet some others E9 guys.... 36 years in the making !
Regards J J Kelly

gary bellamy

Reaction score
Pvgp

JJ, first of all welcome to the board and becoming an E9 owner. There are lots of guys here who have tons of knowledge and will be glad help in any way they can. As far as the PVGP [ PIttsburgh Vintage Grand Prix ] it is my first time going, so I don't no alot about it. It is an international collection of cars. It is at Schenley Park. July 20-22. There is a Shark cruise on Fri show and shine Sat and Sun, time trials and vintage racing. A few of us from Toronto area are going.

Regards
Gary

73 Chamonix

J J Kelly

Reaction score
Pvgp

Gary, thanks for your response, and also for the welcome, unfortunately for me I'm in a charity golf tournament that Friday and Saturday, but I am going to make every effort to be there on Sunday. Now that I have access to the site I will be checking for events to go and meet others who love the E9.
With any luck my car will be here in the next week or so , the finall issue was resolved and it should be on a truck today or tomorrow ...however it's comming from L A , I have my fingers crossed, if I don't get to make to Pittsburgh maybe we could meet on your way back to Canada as you have to pass by Erie on your way home.I'm still working on putting pictures of my car on the site...have some reading to do but hope to have them up soon.
In the meantime if you have any advise to a new owner....
Best regards
JJ