e21 Recaro custom interior

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not mine. Throwing this out there in case anyone is interested. This would fit a coupe without issue. Not my cup of tea, but technically a fair price for a newly upholstered replacement interior. I wonder if the seller would drop the price if you skipped the door cards.

http://bend.craigslist.org/pts/5352772749.html

00w0w_aQdMI662frm_600x450.jpg

00C0C_jt5Cf8Si3Do_600x450.jpg

Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
e24 rear seats get cut to fit in an 02, doubt they would fit without issues now in a coupe. And besides, they are ugly!

:p

viphoto

Reaction score
e24 rear seats get cut to fit in an 02, doubt they would fit without issues now in a coupe. And besides, they are ugly!:p

To each his own....(but then again I probably won't end up using the correct head light cover thumb screws either) :p .... I don't think the E24 seats look that bad.. and yes they do need to be modified.. great write up and photos here by bimmerboy73 http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4920

TodB

Reaction score
e24 rear seats get cut to fit in an 02, doubt they would fit without issues now in a coupe.
They actually fit surprisingly well in a coupe, you just have to Dremel the hard plastic on the bottom a bit. You will need to recreate the back shelf though as the E24 rears sit a bit more upright and leave a gap.
And besides, they are ugly!
OK, you can't look in my back seat when I come out next August (they aren't THAT bad).

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I was not criticizing e24 seats, as I said if they were modified to fit in a 2002 which is much narrower they may need even more work to fit properly in a coupe. However, I don't think the color combo is very attractive!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was not criticizing e24 seats, as I said if they were modified to fit in a 2002 which is much narrower they may need even more work to fit properly in a coupe. However, I don't think the color combo is very attractive!

I agree about the color. I like the center material but it doesn't go with the peanut butter leather at all...