E3 5 Speed Console Info Needed

johnl

Reaction score
Our E3 auto has been converted to a 5 speed and is working great. This is an A/C car so here is the question. Is the drop down panel forward of the shifter and the very rear panel of the console different between autos and 4 speed cars?

Should anyone be able to provide detailed photos of a conversion it would greatly be appreciated. Also, if these pieces are different and anyone has them and is willing to sell please PM me.

Thanks in advance....................

Doug Dolan

Reaction score
Part numbers on realoem.com (1 & 2 in figure below) are the same for manual & automatic, if that helps.

43.png

johnl

Reaction score
front_seats[1].jpg
Our E3 auto has been converted to a 5 speed and is working great. This is an A/C car so here is the question. Is the drop down panel forward of the shifter and the very rear panel of the console different between autos and 4 speed cars?

Should anyone be able to provide detailed photos of a conversion it would greatly be appreciated. Also, if these pieces are different and anyone has them and is willing to sell please PM me.

Thanks in advance....................

I'm still on the search for the filler panel that is directly below the radio panel and continues down to the shift console floor. I've located a couple of photos that may show better what I'm asking for.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.....console[1].jpg

johnl

Reaction score
Well as fate would have it all good things take time. I received an e-mail from my friend Chris Macha last night saying he had something for me.

This morning he walked into my office with the part I've been looking for to complete the 5 speed console portion. We made a quick trip to my home and installed the correct filler panel for a stick car.

Chris, just wanted to offer a big thank you for your help on securing this. Now we need to work on that newly purchased '71 VW bus of yours..........:)