E3 E12 Early E24 Complete Lowering suspension

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a complete lowering suspension system from a 78 euro E24.It was a 120K car that was drivable but was so rotted out it had to be parted. The springs are ST and the brown ST paint can still be seen on them. The drop should be approx 1.25-1.30. The shocks are Bil sports and are not rusty as it may appear in the picture just coated with road grime. The struts are there as shown and loaded. The large Euro brakes with front backing plates are there as well. The plates are solid but will need straightening out but are not rotted . The rears were useless. I would like to sell as a whole package for $850 but may be willing to separate the shocks and springs for $400 and the brakes for $300 and an offer on the struts over $275View attachment 78026

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
How about if I change what I have said to will separate the shocks and springs as a set from the suspension and will sell the calipers separately and I don't mind keeping the strut housings until needed I don't want to get into a whole negotiating thing but am open to a one shot offer on the calipers

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ll take the front shocks. How much?
Clinton, I hope I wasn't being confusing. I was saying I would take the shocks and springs out of the front struts and just sell the 4 shocks and 4 springs as a set. However I would sell the 4 shocks as a set but not split the fronts out as they are of no value unless as a full set

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
You are going to have to throw that out as a question in general conversation. I know they fit the E3. There some some differences in the E9 suspension and I know the front springs for sure don't interchange but I am un informed as to the shocks. So again, throw it out there.

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
I will let you know tonight if the other fellow doesn't step up. I am not going to chase him. He either keeps his word or I am off to the next person.

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
How much for the struts?
Clinton is your car a Euro? If not yopu should consider the whole package I have with the Euro brake calipers that are for the vented rotors. It is truly the way right way to go. I am attaching a picture.
suspension.jpg

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
My car is euro. Don’t have vented rotors.

Your E9 or E24? Understand E9, But Euro E24 should have 100% from factory. I am doing a major nut and bolt 12 year restoration on an 81 Euro E24 and consider myself fairly well knowledgable on a good bit of them. E24 calipers are a common conversion done by E9 E3 and E12 people. It is a bolt on and allows the use of the E24 vented rotors.

clinton stokes

Reaction score
So I bought this e24 a couple weeks ago for the alpinas it had. The car is a 79 euro. Grey with lotus white interior. Fairly clean integrity wise. I took the wheels off and bought some style 5s to replace them. The fuel system needs to be cleaned. What’s done is refurbished tank, new pump. I have to clean the lines and injectors. Wanted to chat for a bit about this car. Call me if you can. Thank you