E3/E9 Air Dam Vendor on eBay

Larry Louton

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello RBL, I bought and installed one of these air dams from the vendor. The dam itself was well made and fit well despite Myself. The ends are longer for a E3. The center and corners fit well. In order to refit the bumper is where it gets really busy. Either you are getting to cut the bumper or the air dam and it will take a few times to get it right. I cut a scallop into the air dam to fit into and also had to cut a vertical slot
for the bumper frame to fit into. Read notes from vendor on finish painting. Fiberglass requires a whole world different primer for paint to stick to. If you have any questions ask me.
Larry Louton
IMG_2467.jpeg
IMG_2465.jpeg
IMG_2462.jpeg

aguirola

Reaction score
Hello Larry,
Brilliant review! If I may ask, how many hours did you require for the additional fitting?

Regards, Alberto

Larry Louton

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello Alberto, I would say (10 - 15) for fitting the air dam and another 10 to 15 hours of work to remove the wrong primer twice then paint, clear coated and reinstall one more time.
Thank you
Larry Louton

bdigel

Reaction score
for the price its not bad , shipping considering it was out of country was quick . as some one else mentioned you have to trim the sides to fit , even then its not perfect but for my purpose Im happy

Attachments

• IMG_1242.JPG
    IMG_1242.JPG
    255.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1249.JPG
    IMG_1249.JPG
    412.6 KB · Views: 51

aguirola

Reaction score
Well, you can have one of mine, alas, it will not install and paint it self with a 20% discount, yet it will fit like an 'original part'.

Or double your $ back.

Regards, Alberto

Last edited: