e32 motor in 72 csi??

Max

Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can put a e32 engine in my 1972 csi? and what kind of modifications does that require??
Thanks
max

When you say E32 that can be a number of engines, if it is an M30 there should be no problem - if it is an M70 then you are in for some work.

You bet you can put a M30B35 in there. Although, you are going to have to use an adapter plate to compensate for the different motor mount locations. Carl Nelson should be able to sell you the plate.

A quick comment about the engine mounts. Just got finished installing the '91 M5 engine in TBL (a true PITA) and the only difference on the block regarding mounting the engine mounts is that the right (starboard) side of the block is missing the upper rear mounting ear. Whether this will come back to bite me in the ass I cannot say, but I mounted that mount on the block using the existing three mounting points only. No fancy reinforcement bars, no extra steel, nothing. If I come crying to you guys later telling the awful story of how the engine fell out of the car going through the Cork Screw then we will all know that only using the three mounting points was a bad thing.

Thanks guys , I solved the mounting problem.Any ideas what to do with the oil cooler? I dont know if the radiator from a e32 will fit my car , probably not . Can i juts cut and plug the hoses?if so is it going to lead to a overheating problem?also the accelerator cable is different , any thoughts?
Thanks

I fashioned my own throttle cable using some generic parts from a Pepboys.

The radiator will probably have to be the stock E9 radiator. I used the E9 engine thermostat housing to get the hoses to line up. Plus, the later radiators all have plastic end tanks, which are quite bad.

The E9s like to overheat in stock trim anyway, so be prepared to upgrade to a 9 blade fan and viscous clutch, at the very least.

Back