e32 oil cooling attachments for e9 rad.

Max

Reaction score
Ok , I just spent the whole day sand blasting / painting the the e32 motor ,loud and long. every thing is looking great so far . I just cant figure out the what to do with the oil cooler hoses? do I just plug them? I believe there is only one attachment for the transmission oil on my e9 radiator and any later radiators wont fit the car, any ideas?? also does any one know if the bavaria head light housing will fit my cs .
Thanks
Max

Hello max
Are you talking about engine oil cooler hoses or automatic transmission oil cooler lines?

If engine oil you can...
Use blanking plugs on the filter connection
Add an oil cooler somewhere
loop one of the hoses from the inlet to the outlet.

If from automatic transmission.....
Don't know, never worked with AT

I think the headlight mounting "frames" are the same.

Malc

:shock: Malc you can't use blanking plugs on the engine oil cooler. As soon as the oil stat opens in the filter housing the oil won't have any where to go. :shock:

Max as Malc states if you are talking about an engine oil cooler you can buy an oil cooler (radiator) and put it infront of the water radiator but you would have to get some pipes made too. It is safe to loop a pipe from one side of the filter head to the other.

As an alternative it may be possible to fit the filter head from an engine that doesn't have an oil cooler if you don't want one, just make sure the filter head you get is compatable with the engine you have.

Thanks guys , I think I will go with the looping solution . would that cause engine overheating at all??
Max

No I don't think you should suffer any over heating, especially if you use a good quality engine oil and your not driving flat out all day :wink:
The looped pipe at least gives you the option of adding an oil cooler at a later date should you feel the need.
Malc

I looked dat some older model oil coolers and I think I will go with a simple one out of a later 3 series . It fits perfectly in front of the rad.
Thanks again everyone.
Max

Back