e9- 3.0CSI - Wood interior parts

YLUKE

Reaction score
Wished just to thank all member that have indicated Bela as a supplier of wooden interior parts, after reading the recommendations, I have contacted Bela in Hungary and this was a interesting experience. Received today the parts and they are wonderful, he is really a Master. I am "factory restoring" a 1972 3.0 CSI in Brazil, and am aprox. 4 months away of having this beautiful coupe on the street. Attached you may see the items I have received. Thanks to e9coupe.com forum. All the best.

FCDA145C-D4DD-4F73-AE8E-DB08718C0917.jpeg

E9 in Brazil.....wow
Hi Sandhu, BMW is present in Brazil since 1960's, we have a significant quantity of classic BMW (of course not Like in USA) and streets are quite full of new BMWs. My garage is the home for: 2002 Targa 1973 ( factory restored by me 3 yrs ago), a 1600ti 1967 (is few days away to be ready, also factory restored, 328i E36 Cabrio 1997 which has only 10.000 miles, M3 E36 1995 in optimum condition ,a 635CSI 1986 which I am adjusting several details, and the E9 3.0CSI 1972 which will be ready in few months. Brazil several collectors with over 500 different classic cars at their garages and a large amount of collector that have between 10 and 50 classic cars. Classic cars is world wide a good investment. In Argentina there many large classic cars collectors, one of my Argentine friends has over 80 classic cars. Once agin, nothing like the classic cars quantity available in USA or Europe, we don't have this large and fantastic Pebble beach shows, but we have lots of fun. The Largest Brazilian class show has aprox 1000 cars in exhibition and this show was organized by a very wealthy lady passionate by classic cars, she passed away las year (as a curiosity am attaching two pictures, one partial view of that show in Brazil and another of the lady founder of this show (of course, she would arrive with her Rolls Royce..

00ad6742-2842-4706-9f19-7f2321a4d49b.jpg
5432d8e0-3dbf-4c17-affc-35050083d01f.jpg

Hi Sandhu, BMW is present in Brazil since 1960's, we have a significant quantity of classic BMW (of course not Like in USA) and streets are quite full of new BMWs. My garage is the home for: 2002 Targa 1973 ( factory restored by me 3 yrs ago), a 1600ti 1967 (is few days away to be ready, also factory restored, 328i E36 Cabrio 1997 which has only 10.000 miles, M3 E36 1995 in optimum condition ,a 635CSI 1986 which I am adjusting several details, and the E9 3.0CSI 1972 which will be ready in few months. Brazil several collectors with over 500 different classic cars at their garages and a large amount of collector that have between 10 and 50 classic cars. Classic cars is world wide a good investment. In Argentina there many large classic cars collectors, one of my Argentine friends has over 80 classic cars. Once agin, nothing like the classic cars quantity available in USA or Europe, we don't have this large and fantastic Pebble beach shows, but we have lots of fun. The Largest Brazilian class show has aprox 1000 cars in exhibition and this show was organized by a very wealthy lady passionate by classic cars, she passed away las year (as a curiosity am attaching two pictures, one partial view of that show in Brazil and another of the lady founder of this show (of course, she would arrive with her Rolls Royce..

As I recall Emerson Fittipaldi had an e9, possibly a CSL.

Years ago I downloaded a part of a coupe restoration that I believe was in Brazil

As I recall Emerson Fittipaldi had an e9, possibly a CSL.

Years ago I downloaded a part of a coupe restoration that I believe was in Brazil

Hi Merdad, Yes, Fitipaldi had a taiga Green and it looks that it was a CSI,The first picture with the Yellow Gordini and the Green CSI was taken in 2018 at a Car show in BR, two different owner were at the same show with two different cars and the magazine took some pictures. But Wilson Fittipaldi had a Green CSI Alpina, it was sold some time ago by classic car dealer I know well .These cars were for sale some yrs ago and sometime earlier also several times. Some people say they had various strong accidents, but this is popular car stories, who knows. The guy that is restoring my 3.0CSI claims that he has worked in USA for Chip Foose for almost a Yr and later have done a car or two here in Brazil for Chip Foose. It is quite possible that he has really worked for Foose, he is a outstanding restorer, but extremely slow as he works alone, says that he can't stand any employee (a bit crazy), but does a fantastic job. Today his operation is inside a farm, no cellphone, bad internet, not regular phone, I almost speak to him with smoke signs!!!!

a63c4cae-5905-488a-ad1d-b3b49394ab1c.jpg
905bf2ed-043a-4d9e-a03f-0bd2465b171f.jpg

Hi Merdad, Yes, Fitipaldi had a taiga Green and it looks that it was a CSI,The first picture with the Yellow Gordini and the Green CSI was taken in 2018 at a Car show in BR, two different owner were at the same show with two different cars and the magazine took some pictures. But Wilson Fittipaldi had a Green CSI Alpina, it was sold some time ago by classic car dealer I know well .These cars were for sale some yrs ago and sometime earlier also several times. Some people say they had various strong accidents, but this is popular car stories, who knows. The guy that is restoring my 3.0CSI claims that he has worked in USA for Chip Foose for almost a Yr and later have done a car or two here in Brazil for Chip Foose. It is quite possible that he has really worked for Foose, he is a outstanding restorer, but extremely slow as he works alone, says that he can't stand any employee (a bit crazy), but does a fantastic job. Today his operation is inside a farm, no cellphone, bad internet, not regular phone, I almost speak to him with smoke signs!!!!

Would love to see pictures of your car and possibly the farm!

Where in Brazil are you based ?',

The car show looks amazing in the photo

RIP , the lady that organised this event

I am based in Sao Paulo . Here below are the picture of my car by end Oct,2020. it is well advanced now, but still min 3 months to have it ready

Its so good to see so many coupes are being restored and some being saved when we didn't think of it a few years back.

Amazing photos, YLUKE. Thank you for posting these pictures of your classic car gatherings. I have visited Rio, and I must say, it was one of my most amazing trips ever. Especially because Ayrton Senna merchandise was everywhere! ;) Still wear my "National" hat! Good luck with your Coupe! Mike

Amazing photos, YLUKE. Thank you for posting these pictures of your classic car gatherings. I have visited Rio, and I must say, it was one of my most amazing trips ever. Especially because Ayrton Senna merchandise was everywhere! ;) Still wear my "National" hat! Good luck with your Coupe! Mike
Thanks Mike, if you ever come back, let me know.
All the best

Back