E9 colors that you have never seen in person?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I don’t really go to car shows so I haven’t seen a bunch of colors. Despite the large community of owners up in the PNW, e9 colors tend to cluster. What not-so- rare colors have you missed out on in person?

I’ve never seen Inka, Turkis, or Ceylon in person. :oops: I’m sure there are few blue colors I haven’t seen, along with other more rare colors like Nevada, Bristol, etc.

Ceylon, Turkis, Bristol, Florida, Riviera, Nevada.
WOuld like to see that Jade like the car that just sold on BaT!

I have seen Colorado, Inka, Golf, and many others.

WOuld like to see that Jade like the car that just sold on BaT

Agreed, here’s a members’ car in absolutely gorgeous unrestored condition.

C690BB8D-A307-4DBE-9300-65F02E8093FE.jpeg

Last edited:
I wanted one in malaga but the riviera has grown on me. Also have seen turkis (omg!), inka, golf, polaris, have actually never seen an E9 in black or Turquoise Metallic

1595360526719.png

On e9's (not 2002's), I've not seen:

Amazon
Jade
Riviera
Bristol
Florida
Inka
Colorado

Here's an all original Agave (?) car that belongs to a local friend who is not on this forum or any forum for that matter.
I rebuilt the AC system in this car about 5 years ago and added the Nardi wheel on the condition he be sure and keep the original in a safe place.
He also has the original wheels. I had him add it to the registry which I hope he did.

Attachments

• IMG_4685.JPG
    IMG_4685.JPG
    415.5 KB · Views: 109
ummm, ehrrr ... didn't think they still made agave in '74. either jade or amazonas green. i think amazonas as its a blue-green which is similar to agave

i have never seen a coupe in riviera, bristol, nevada, mint, florida, pastel and taiga. i have seen 2002's or e3 in every color

Bob Platz has a beautiful Riviera/Red CS.
Yes, he does and also a really nice M6 that is Polaris. He is a good friend and so is his son Harrison. They were part of our group at Hilton Head last year. Bob is a highly respected restorer of classic Mercedes and also a Judge in many classes at Amelia and all over the US. Very interesting man. He was part of BMW Classics of Georgia at Hilton Head show last fall. 57 of the nicest BMW's in Georgia. We have 10 coupes.

Back