E9 CSL in turquoise metallic.

i don't have many turkis CSL in the ancestry project - 4 out of 179 ... of the 596 built
2275480 <originally polaris / now turkis>
4355052 <this is a question>

Last edited:
thanks Keshav ... i must have missed that one when i went thru lezebre. i had it in the USA in sept 1990 owned by Toby Baly in San Francisco. interesting that its only 2 cars away from 2275258.

This Türkis CSL is listed with VIN 2275428, Engine Nr 2275058, and first registration date 08/24/73.
I will be at the Classic Expo and Auction on Saturday and will take some pics.

The restoration of this CSL is done to a very high standard. Shouldn't the center grill be 5 black slats? Note how the later 4 black slat grill doesn't fit the opening as nicely as the 5-slat grill. Also, I thought the Petri was leather in a CSL. This one looks to be vinyl.

i think the photography could be better, not that sharp overall. the petri looks to be the rubber covering. there are a few small things that don't quite seem correct in a quick look ... there are many things that seem well done. i would think this CSL should sell well and somebody can quickly address the minor issues.
1. the center grille (as noted above)
2. the screws on the door hinges should be painted body color
3. color of the air filter housing seems too dark / incorrect (could be the photographs - in later photos it looks more correct)
4. incorrect insulation at top of firewall
5. missing snorkles on firewall drains
6. some stickers don't look to be in correct locations

For a long time the 2275428 record by lezebre was listed as chamonix and consisted mostly of a picture of the vin fender tag (and little else.) I wish I had lifted the foto yesterday morning when I last looked at it as the lezebre page for 2275428 is now being built up with data from the auction of the car now in turkis, and the original vin tag photo for 2275428 is gone. I sent the lezebre site owner a request for a copy of the original fender tag foto he had posted. Ironically that site is not recorded by the "wayback machine"/internet archive.

Turkis does not work for me, I saw the pictures of the Munich BMW Museum Turkis specimen, and I just do not get that color. Perhaps there is some logic in it being rare, nobody wanted it?

i think the photography could be better, not that sharp overall. the petri looks to be the rubber covering. there are a few small things that don't quite seem correct in a quick look ... there are many things that seem well done. i would think this CSL should sell well and somebody can quickly address the minor issues.
1. the center grille (as noted above)
2. the screws on the door hinges should be painted body color
3. color of the air filter housing seems too dark / incorrect (could be the photographs - in later photos it looks more correct)
4. incorrect insulation at top of firewall
5. missing snorkles on firewall drains
6. some stickers don't look to be in correct locations
Scott--#4--Perhaps CSL did not have any insulation on the firewall, just as there's no insulation on the hood or under the carpets. I also find it interesting that the Petri steering wheel with heavy steel spokes was used instead of a much lighter aluminum wheel like on the early carb models.

Turkis does not work for me, I saw the pictures of the Munich BMW Museum Turkis specimen, and I just do not get that color. Perhaps there is some logic in it being rare, nobody wanted it?
Turkis is a matter of personal choice. You need to see the color in person. It is blue in the shade and green in the sunlight. There are almost no photos of Turkis that render the correct color.

Attachments

• IMG_4163.jpg
    IMG_4163.jpg
    663.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4266(1).jpg
    IMG_4266(1).jpg
    571.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7747.JPG
    IMG_7747.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7879.JPG
    IMG_7879.JPG
    353.8 KB · Views: 12
Scott--#4--Perhaps CSL did not have any insulation on the firewall, just as there's no insulation on the hood or under the carpets. I also find it interesting that the Petri steering wheel with heavy steel spokes was used instead of a much lighter aluminum wheel like on the early carb models.
you have a very good point my friend. i have seen pics of CSL with and without the firewall insulation. it appears to be a difference between streetpack / lightweight versions. my comment has more to do with the fact that the car in question had the lower firewall insulation (aftermarket) and no upper insulation.

streetpack
1729011663409.jpeg

lightweight
1729011708748.jpeg

Looks like it's got power steering. Not really correct for a car without town package.
that's a really good point Markus ... i tend to think its a streetpack car. we see a lot of cars that have been accessorized and perhaps claim as a true lightweight. i noticed Städtepaket in the German text and have only thought of it as that.

my understanding is yes, but ordering a lightweight with P/S ??? to me getting a stadtepaket car with P/S is not surprising ... i can see that happening. ordering a CSL with A/C in a city car or a sunroof is also within the realm of understanding

Back