e9 daily driver progress

Pflyer

Reaction score
Driving from CA to NC after purchase, both my carbs fouled in Arizona. Had two Weber 32/36 carbs installed, then shipped the car to NC. Put in 123 distributor and stainless steel exhaust. Drained auto fluid and replaced filter. Collision place checked out minor bubbles on roof near sunroof. Found nearly entire perimeter of sunroof was corroded. Phil Hartman of Spartanburg cut out sunroof and fabricated a flawless roof patch. Car was transferred to Matt at Thunderbunny racing to take on project, as no one else was able to take on the project for at least a year. Matt explained that his primary job was at Thunderbunny, and that he would do his best to work on my car. The finishing of the roof and paint job are spotless. New rear deck carpet, speakers, radio antenna fixed, side mirror installed, speedometer and clock fixed, headers installed, tranny leaks found and fixed. All window tracks cleaned and re-greased. All new bulbs in instrument panel, new headlights. Many more little things, all done since April. Will report on Porsche regulators when complete. Matt is a perfectionist damn good at his job and LOVES bimmers. I don’t trust very many mechanics, but was very fortunate to find him.

Back