E9 Driven (on Lime Rock racing circuit)

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nicad, I saw Marcus pass a Porsche at Pocono like it was in reverse in that coupe. Is it true that on a track in Ohio a first time driver was killed in an accident with Marcus? And the CSL was destroyed?

I have driven with instructors and it is always quite a ride. I imagine with Marcus it was even more.
Steve

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Steve, I certainly hope that story is not true. It was many years ago I had the ride around Mosport in the CSL. I also got a ride in the FireHawk winning E34 M5 Marcus built for a racer named Peter Locklear that same day. That was even more intense, because part of the roll cage was a diagonal bar that went right across the front of my chest. That was dumb for me to be riding in that car.

I spoke to Marcus about a couple of weeks ago and he still has a CSL from what I remember him saying. He also has an M1 race car and an Alpina CSL. I hope to have a look when I get the time to drop by his shop in the next few weeks.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nicad, ask him about the purported accident. I am curious, myth or true. I hope not too.
Steve