E9 for sale in UK

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
Interesting.

However one thing I don’t get is how a 71 car has “facelift” seats. So either this isn’t the original interior or the car is older than 71.

Am I missing something here?

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Interesting.

However one thing I don’t get is how a 71 car has “facelift” seats. So either this isn’t the original interior or the car is older than 71.

Am I missing something here?

Those aren’t face lift seats, they are the ‘old style’......the ones in the added pic are face lift seats, horizontal vs vertical. The face lift took place in 74/75 cars

59070FC9-BE6A-41EB-A453-318EBFC6927D.jpeg

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
More photos on the Ebay listing.
Thoughts on this ?.

Looks an incredible clean car. If it is as unrestored as they claim then it's good value too. Obviously as they have pointed out it's had a respray. It would be nice to know details of whether it had any chassis, body work repairs at the same time. Not a bad thing if it had.

Pictures of the underside would be nice to have too.

E3_UK

Reaction score
Rear boot lid is a bit too wonky for my liking :)
I see what you mean, the bottom edge seems to rise at each end, maybe just a trick of the light ?. This is relatively local to me so I might consider checking it out. However if that is his house he might not let me near it with my lockdown mullet :)

Simufly

Reaction score
Looks very nice, missing the undertray and bulkhead sound-deadening. Wind up front windows.
Well worth a gander.

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
I see what you mean, the bottom edge seems to rise at each end, maybe just a trick of the light ?. This is relatively local to me so I might consider checking it out. However if that is his house he might not let me near it with my lockdown mullet :)

it’s not a show stopper though. I think definitely worth a checkout (even with covid hair!).

Cornishman

Site Donor
Reaction score
Now looks like a very good CS at £40k. For sure if it has not been driven it will need brakes, radiator and probably hoses looking at or changing, but that is a nice CS for the money.
Initially I thought I had seen this car in a museum in that area of Scotland, but this seems too nice, or has had a very good tidy up. If I remember where that museum is I will research it and report back.

E3_UK

Reaction score
Now looks like a very good CS at £40k. For sure if it has not been driven it will need brakes, radiator and probably hoses looking at or changing, but that is a nice CS for the money.
Initially I thought I had seen this car in a museum in that area of Scotland, but this seems too nice, or has had a very good tidy up. If I remember where that museum is I will research it and report back.
Someone from the states seems to be showing an interest, the vendor mistakenly sent me a quote for shipping it across the pond. I'm not really on a position to buy it anyway so don't want to waste their time asking any more questions.

E3_UK

Reaction score
Doing a company search shows this vendor as only been registered for a year, with two previously dissolved car sales companies (Buchanan Motor Company Ltd and Pure Performance Cars Ltd). I won't tarnish their reputation, however if I were spending 40k on a car I would want a more solid background in classic cars than that would suggest. No website either. Probably all above board but for me it's setting alarm bells ringing. I would want to buy a car like this from someone who has in depth knowledge of the car. Just saying......

Last edited:

Obsession

Reaction score
My 10 pence worth...

That car looks like a crash "survivor" car by the looks of it.

Cheap paint job.

Paint build up around the window rubbers, which says it was masked as opposed to a glass out repaint.

Inner wings will be full of filler. The joints and edges are too thick, not crisp lines as you'd imagine it left the factory even with a repaint. Lets remember how thin the sheet metal work is on an E9. Theres no reason to have wonky lines or pressings.

I'd rather drive around on the bus then that.

He was selling his 2800CSA via Pure speed.

It was reasonably priced. I think 25,000 but it had the tell tale signs of bubbling on the lower front wing, the ends of rear sills.

A perfectly useable car with a bank account draining restoration scheduled for the future id imagine.

On a separate note.

I had a reply from BMW classic parts.

They are planning reproduction front wings but no dates as to when.

Why does BMW not make these parts??

There is such a massive demand for all complete exterior panels and it would be ongoing as they will always need restoration when they eventually fail.

Its so frustrating!!