e9 seat pleats.

Simufly

Reaction score
Looking for some info here:
On the velour material used on the e9 seats the centre portions are pleated, either front to back on the early cars and side to side on the later ones.
However I have never seen side to side pleats on a car with leather, only front to back.
So the question is:are ALL e9 leather seats front to back pleats or did some come with side to side.
Anyone any info on this? Photos of side to side leather (if they exist) much appreciated to [email protected]

My '74 CS has black leather seats with horizontal pleats (side to side.) I had a '75 CSi that had vertical pleats (I believe the seats were re-upholstered by a previous owner.) I am not sure what the factory did, but from what I have seen, coupes prior to '74 had vertical pleats. HTH.

All or nothing...

'74 is the deviding line- everything before are vertical (except L cars). All late cars were horizontal. Door panels changed as well.

Does anyone have photos of the 2 types of door cards to show the differences? and the seats as well.

Does anyone have photos of the 2 types of door cards to show the differences? and the seats as well.

Early door cards have the herringboned patterns.
5301491903_68c4b47d75.jpg

74 and after coupes were fitted with the perforated look door cards in a diamond shape pattern.
P1030373-2.jpg

Back