E9 wiring harness ?

jonr2663

Reaction score
Does anyone have a source for a new wiring harness for a 73 cs. It seems most things electrical on this car dont function. I would even be happy to take the car to someone that could do the work. I'm in the phoenix area. Thanks Jon

Hello Jon
I think you would be very lucky to find a new harness, you could try Walloth & Nesch in Germany..
However the wiring in the coupe is pretty simple so armed with a wiring diagram you could make your own.
That said do check all your switches, window motors, wipers, lights, the fuse box connections for corrosion, bad earths (grounding) etc first before ripping out the wiring. Often this is the problem, not the wires themselves.
Malc

Try Rhode Island Wiring...

I was able to get one for my 2800cs!! It should be basically the same. I wish you were here in NH (or I was there - even better...) I would be happy to work it out for you. Alex Vogel

e9 harness

How much are you selling this harness for? Is the 2800cs the same as the wiring harness in the 1973 3.0cs? Is this the harness for the entire car? Is it for a car with electric windows?

wiring harness

Yes, it's the whole harness with electric windows front and rear I have the factory manual and it looks like it sould work fineI can make a copy of the wiring diagram out of the manual if you wish,as far as the price ,ill have to make a phone call or two but it will be less than any place you check on,i'm just trying to collect a little more money to get my race car finished so give a call if your interested .

So does anybody have a line on a new wiring harness set, front clip and cabin? I would gladly pay someone to make a new set from scratch, since this is something I really, really don't want to do.

Back