E9's at Zuffengruppe Colorado

5280JB

Reaction score
We had a local Denver, Colorado event yesterday (Zuffengruppe Colorado Interklassik) and the organizer placed the two E9 coupes in the only inside display area, alongside some very impressive neighbors - a Mercedes-Benz 300SL roadster, MB W113 Pagoda SL, and a Porsche 356. This event is primarily a Porsche centric theme, but expanded this year to include other German marques, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, VW.

The owner of the red 300SL roadster was very complimentary of the BMW CS Coupes and explained how he always loved them and thought they were just beautiful. High praise coming from his ownership experience!

Jim

IMG_7434.jpeg
IMG_7410.jpeg

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Love the M-B Red/Tan 300SL Roadster. Everett Ayer in Gardiner Maine, bought one exactly like in the late 1960s.
The 2 E9s look great! Do you happen to know Mako Saito?

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks @5280JB!

We are going on a Santa Fe NM to PIke's Peak endingColorado Springs in a couple of weeks.
We are driving back with friends & likely drive to Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park & visit Estes Park.
Perhaps we are able to get together with you & Mako in Boulder mid-July?

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks @5280JB!

We are going on a Santa Fe NM to PIke's Peak endingColorado Springs in a couple of weeks.
We are driving back with friends & likely drive to Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park & visit Estes Park.
Does Jeff still live in Santa Fe? @Bwana

5280JB

Reaction score

That would be great, Andrew! I'll send you my contact # in a DM. Ping me or Mako when you're getting close to Denver. It sounds like he'll be in town mid July.

Thanks!
Jim

5280JB

Reaction score
Is Zuffengruppe in CO a FuelFed event? I know they do shows in Boulder so I thought it might be.

Yes, the Zuffengruppe events in Colorado are affiliated with Fuelfed Boulder. This year was the second Zuffengruppe event here. Fuelfed also organizes drives, and a very nice monthly "Cars & Classics" in downtown Boulder.

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks @5280JB!

Hey! Sorry, I haven't been on here much lately. Jim let me know about your post. I'd love to meet up
I still have the same contact info but I'll send it over in case you don't have it any longer.