Early csi cadaver

jvrenaudon

Reaction score
Weather permitting, this coming weekend I shall be cutting up and disposing of what remains of the shell of my E9 parts car - an early RHD 3.0 CSI Polaris. Floor, A posts, cills, floor, bulkheads, bonnet, boot and one door are all more rust than steel but there might just be part panels that may be of use to someone. Strangely, the car must have been fitted with 4 new wings at some stage and relatively recently and, if carefully removed , may be reclaimable. The roof is spoken for, as is the front member which connects the two front wings below the windscreen. The rear parcel shelf has already been removed. The transmission tunnel looks o.k. All glass available but front windscreen u/s.

I intend to retain the entire drive train and running gear, all of which was in full working order (good oil pressure, no cam noise, no smoke, charging, started on the button) when I began the strip. However, I would consider a sensible offer, once inspected. All electrics and 90% of the blue velour interior is available including a good set of carpets (non-standard).Please note pre-sardine tin window motors, all working.

If there is any interest please contact me on 01782 750345.(South Cheshire). John Renaudon.

jvrenaudon

Reaction score
Bwana, The car has front seatbelts only. They are of the lap-and-diagonal type. The inertia reel cassette is mounted below the rear side window motor mechanism on each side. The top fixing is through the side window panel and on to a steel bracket which runs back to behind the rear seat - a bit of a lash-up, presumably done by Dover.The stop action is actuated by sudden surprise movement of the car, not the person I think they are Britax and are identical to those fitted originally on my Citypack CSL. Regards,

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi John, is the Karman plate present on the passenger side A post by the door stay? If so is it in good condition?