Early Mercedes SL 107 value..

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
It seems like these early model 107 SL's should be worth more by now...

3d817fb5-7947-4b00-ac0b-afc5b31fac4c.jpg

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Euro 500SLs I think get the most money.

Then Euro anything else after that (450s, 350s, 300s, 280s, etc.).

Problem is, they made so many of them, and for so long, it's going to take forever for them to really be collectible. Like the W113s.

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
there a friggin mess
i worked on one for 3 yaers and it the car that put me in the hospital for two months.
they are called the panzervaugen
"tank car"
there are a nightmare to work on and everything breaks on it

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
When my '73 e9 started to show rust in about 1980, I sold it and bought a '73 450SL (ONLY year I'd buy, as it had the OE/Euro bumpers). I had the exterior refurbished (typical Deutsche clear coat crazing over silver problem - had to have that done on the Nachtblau e9 in '76) in about '86. Drove it as my daily driver for about 15 years with no major problems. it was built like a tank as Alan says. Well, I did have one problem - head gasket on one side started leaking oil onto the block at about 80K miles. Replaced both gaskets and had valves ground while they were off. Car won several 1st place awards at regional MB and general car shows. Had about 125K when it left here - donated to a charity for a raffle in 2010.

Gary

Last edited:

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Barry,

I know it is unbelievable, but the car lived it's first three years in 'rusty' Boston MA. Any place other than there and Cleveland Ohio, it would probably STILL be rust free! HA!

I'm enjoying your 928 postings. Gonna' be a scary fast machine.

Gary-

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Est. Retail Value of only $6,103 'cause I don't think this will "buff out":
Est Retail is used to show what the insurance company paid out for this car, before the damage. I know they're not very desirable, which translates into low value, but it feels like the window of opportunity is getting closer.

jmackro

Reaction score
Est Retail is used to show what the insurance company paid out for this car, before the damage.

OK, so that $6,103 is supposedly the market value for the Mercedes prior to its collision; not what they think its value is now. Gosh, are you suggesting that an insurance company would total a vehicle and offer an owner less than its true market value? I'm shocked!

Last edited by a moderator: