Earthquake Insurance

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Right, Earthquake Insurance. I purchased mine from State Farm a couple months after a pretty big one in southern VA shook dishes off shelves in Bucks County PA where I live.

I pay $300. a year in premium. If my home is demolished in a shaker I pay SF $7,000 they pay up to $540,000
to rebuild or I walk away with the cash. And I still own the acre and a half with well, septic, cable and underground electric. Probably worth $350,000.

I recommended a friend in Carlsbad CA buy earthquake insurance. He goes through some Armed Forces entity, USAA or something like that. His quake coverage on his house, valued at over 1 million, is a premium of $1,000. a year. He pays the first $25,000. And this is CA, epicenter of the universe.

So what does this have to do with my coupe? There was a discussion recently about agreed value, etc. No where in my Classic Car policy with SF does it say anything about earthquakes. I assume my coupe is not protected. But my earthquake insurance will more than pay me the money to replace my coupe and rebuild or walk away.

For me this is cheap peace of mind all around.

Steve