Eastwood products: Overall impressions?

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I've used Eastwood products over the years with generally good success. I like the idea of getting similar products from the same source as you get a much better chance of them working together properly. I also like the fact that they have many "How To" videos taught by people who seem to know what they are doing. They're a bit like the Walloth Nesch of the fab/repair/custom world.

The one downside is their shipping department. You never really know if what you ordered is actually in stock or not until you get your shipment. And it seems to take a good bit of time for the stuff to arrive. For those who are spoiled by the Amazon Prime way of life, it take some patience.

What are your experiences with them?

Last edited:
I have a number of their tools including my TIG welder. I've found them all to be of excellent quality. I plan on using a number of their paints and coatings for my upcoming car work.
I've not had any issues with shipping, but I haven't ordered anything that was time sensitive.

Ian

Funny you should post this as I sent them a note today to find out where my welder is! They sent me a confirmation on a large order and I got some items very quickly but no updates since on the backordered items.

I took their MIG class in PA and enjoyed it...got to see their shop and meet some of the people and they seem to be a really good resource. I decided to buy new and all from one supplier so if I have an issue I can get some help.

I have no doubt I will get my stuff but more ETA's would be helpful.

A lot of their tools are just Harbor Freight tools that are repainted. For example, the Harbor Freight throatless shear I recently bought for about $115 or so with a coupon, is $159 from Eastwood, plus shipping. Online reviewers confirmed if you scratch it, the HF color is underneath. They do have a ton of stuff in one place, but most of it is probably cheaper somewhere else.

I like their coatings and rust repair materials. They also sell POR-15, also have a pretty good deal on fender rollers.

Back