Easy way to install this Gasket?

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
That runs along the drip edge of the door. I tried a bunch of ways, none were optimal, had gaps here and there of the gasket seated and not seated. Thanks

IMG_1151.JPG

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
Given the (in focus) green door in the back, i presume your asking about the rubber profile that seals between the upper door and body, at the roofline?

The one that has a plastic backing that does not really like to be folded in the slit?

I removed it only a few weeks ago, and did not yet try to get it in, but i wondered about the reinstall as well.

Could you slide it in, all the way from the end?

Other members will chime in, as it is an often replaced part during a complete overhaul.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, upper roof seal. Have to install drip edge first since the gasket covers the screws. I tried pushing from one end but even with "Bullsnot", resistance was too much. Tried putting in one track and then work in other, no success. Very misleading since it comes off so easily. Just was asking if maybe there was a simple ingenious way before I tackle the task.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
I got it in by putting the back on , then lube and a plastic interior tool every cm to push as hard as hell in and up, to seat the little flap. If I were older, I would have needed "cardiac clearance" to do the job. can't wait for the other side.