Ebay: 1970 BMW 2800 CS E9 $45k

Yeah the original seller had it listed on here in Nashville for $8k. Myself and a couple other people went and checked it out. It has significant rust issues. My guess is all they have done is clean it at list it.

I attempted to contact/post on this sellers FB and was promptly blocked and post deleted.

I keep looking at the battery.... and I cannot unsee it.
Buffoons.
It's surprising that someone went to the trouble of doing a Weber DCOE conversion, yet left the rest of the engine compartment looking so rough. Yes, the battery installation is an embarrassment, but that's not all:
- What's that box outboard of the battery, between the voltage regulator and horn relay? A replacement low beam relay?
- Look how short the hose is that connects the radiator to the overflow tank. Probably the original hose that cracked at one of its ends and just got cut shorter instead of replaced.
- Everything that should be painted black is all chipped and corroded.
- Fuel line routing is sloppy.
- No wires going to brake reservoir warning float.

And that's just at a glance. I wonder how well the Webers have been balanced and jetted?

s-l960.webp

actually this car had triples when it was first sold in TN - no idea if they were just cleaned up / possibly rebuilt or swapped out to sell the Italian webers ...
1724771885378.jpeg

A $37,000 bump for washing and detailing. But it's not clear he even did that. The profile photos of both sides say it all. Dick Steinkamp, watch out for writer's cramp when you are making that list.

Back