Electric Problem passenger side

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A friend pointed out that my city light on the passenger side was out. Shortly after that another friend pointed out that the rear running light was also out. At first I was thinking bulb since the city light bulb on the driver's side burned out. I also noticed the turn signal/parking light was also out so now I am thinking maybe fuse?
Before I contort myself, are there other possibilities?
Thanks

my first thought other than bulbs would have been ground ... but it partially depends on how it is wired. could easily be a fuse ... but the underlying problem seems more like a ground that blew the fuse.

I had multiple electrical issues on my newly purchased 72 3.0 cs. and at the advice of a person who works extensively on 2002's, I checked and cleaned the fuses and box with an emory board and some electrical contact cleaner. Lots of buildup found. My lighting issue resolved and my starter relay now got the juice it needed.

Stan, Remember the issue we had with your pass side turn signal housing?
My friend George's coupe would keep blowing the fuse. I had tracked it to the LF turn signal bulb socket and attempted a repair.
Didn't last so last week I did the socket replacement solution I showed Chris, Steve and others at the Vintage. Problem solved.

Gary's socket replacement fix is pretty cool. I may do that when I install my Italian light covers.

Stan -- one important point when trouble shooting running light/turn signal problems. The right side circuit and the left side circuit are on separate fuses.

Back