Endoscope camera for Iphone

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
Anyone used one to find/diagnose a problem you can’t see? Are they useful? I’m trying to find a leak in an area of a Saab that is not visible without removing tons of stuff I frankly don’t want to do. What’s a good camera? Thanks!

There are several out there. Do you need to articulate the end of the camera when you are in the area and what length do you need. Also is there a limit on the diameter of the camera. I have 3 different borescopes. The one from Harbor Freight is ok but can't be articulated. This one can be but I see Amazon doesn't have it available now.
This is similar with a 5.5 ft lead and built in display.
The other one is a cheap one with a very long 20 ft lead.
If you search Amazon or similar with 'borescope' you will see several examples at varying prices.

I have one from DEPSTECH (I suspect it’s one of those made-up Chinese-brand names) that I got a couple of years ago that has worked fine. It’s helped me when, for example, I wanted to look into one of the cylinders on my 911, or into the gas tank. There have been some situations where there was not enough light, both ambient and from the scope, to really show me anything useful. But it was not inexpensive and I’ve found it worth the money.

Back