Engine compartment painting suggestions

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
when i got the upper firewall insulation from W+N a few years ago, it was the BMW part ... so hopefully it still is. if you want the pattern of the original BMW part, i can trace it for you. you will have to fit it to the CS Werk piece as they are slightly different
Thanks I have the old booster one for a template, for the upper piece i am hoping it is the bmw version - looks like it - should be for the $$$

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
I bought one of the upper pieces from Walloth and it is the BMW part. Because the lower right wasn’t available, I bought the set from alprada70. He makes the lower as one piece.

Bearmw

Reaction score
Has anyone had success using a small airbrush setup for something like this doing small sections at a time? It seems like it could be a viable option for little cash outlay but I've never attempted it.

coupe2800cs

Reaction score
Last time I did paint was on my 65 Mustang, PPG base was about $400.00 a gallon bought FiveStar clear coat for $125.00 if I recall, then various other activators, and reducers got me up to about $700.00 back in 2001. I admire you for putting up with your HOA, not sure I could do
2CE5030B-793E-4396-A08C-DD904D03349D.jpeg
that with the Karen I got living next to me !