Engine cut out while driving

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have the Bosch red coil that I bought with the 123 about 3 years ago. That combo has worked fine for over 3 years and 14K miles on the Korman engine.
I was just wondering about the use of the MSD Black Blaster 2 coil with a stock dizzy since I want to sell it now that I know it's not for use with the 123 distr.---Drew

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have the Bosch red coil that I bought with the 123 about 3 years ago. That combo has worked fine for over 3 years and 14K miles on the Korman engine.
I was just wondering about the use of the MSD Black Blaster 2 coil with a stock dizzy since I want to sell it now that I know it's not for use with the 123 distr.---Drew
MSD coil’s low resistance will burn points.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Then it sounds like the MSD Black Blaster 2 coil should only be used with the 0.9-ohm ballast resistor, for 1.6-ohm total resistance.
Correct?

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Then it sounds like the MSD Black Blaster 2 coil should only be used with the 0.9-ohm ballast resistor, for 1.6-ohm total resistance.
Correct?
Not with points. That’s too low. Points usually need around 3 ohms, IIRC, to not burn up prematurely.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Drew- I have a box of coils. Besides that I’m the one sent you that msd coil!

Tell me what you need- if I have it I will send it out.
IMG_1470.jpeg