Engine Question

Malc

Reaction score
One of the problems associated with fitting an after market ECU to my Csi is the need for a trigger wheel and sensor.
So my question is

Will a front pulley / vibration damper with trigger wheel and crank position sensor from a later BMW e34 with a 6 cylinder engine fit an E9 engine?
In theory it should as the engine is basically the same ( M30 ) or even a "baby six" M20 engine

Ta
Malc
This is to maybe use an Emerald ECU :roll:

Malc, yes the damper with trigger wheel will fit, not sure about the sensor. I had a bracket made and used a non BMW sensor.

What ecu are you going to use? Have fun getting it tuned! Make sure you get it tuned on a steady state dyno as well.

Steve

Im currently using the points in the distributer that used to trigger the old d-jet. I`m going to be using a missing tooth wheel and sensor when I get it made.
marc

When doing my conversion, I fitted the old solid disk vibration damper on the M30B35 going in, and it fit. Thusly, the new style toothed damper should fit on the old engines. They weighed about the same, and the sensor/bracket should fit in the same place, since the front lower timing covers were the same.

Back