Engine Rebuilding

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I was recently speaking with Terry Sayther down here in Austin and he's moving pretty much into vintage BMW engine rebuilding. I've known Terry for quite a while and he rebuilt the engine for my coupe (after some numbskulls in San Antonio installed the pistons backwards). Terry's work is pretty awesome and there are a few other coupe owners on this forum who have had Terry build or rebuild engines for 2002's e9's and other models (including M engines). Transportation may be a bit of an issue but if there were people interested I could work with my carriers and probably get the price down fairly low- (I'm hopeful to find freight prices of about 400.00 or less round trip from most US cities). Part of the problem with our cars is not only finding people who WILL work on them but finding people who actually know HOW TO work on them. I offer my assistance only as a service to members- I make nothing from it but maybe some good will :) Terry's contact information is: [email protected] Ph: 512-627-2314

If anyone does work with Terry and needs help with engine transport (to and from Texas) let me know and I will do my best to help with my carrier connections.

Last edited: