Engine Swap help your place or mine??? Lol...

coupe2800cs

Reaction score
So my neighbor 'Karen" has had enough of me working on my German cars occasionally in our driveway for the last 17-18 years now. She's is now calling out the 72 hour rule 'non operative vehicles on our private property even though they actual run, and move except one for the moment, but thankfully it's behind our backyard fence right now as I moved it and one other E9 BMW when we recieved a notice from The City Of Oakland Zoning department late mid 2017. So she's claiming other nuances from the cars, noise, smell, etc but never once said I cannot work on my cars in 17 years until now? We now have a court date since the City Of Oakland likely won't do anything now that her brother no longer works in that Zoning Department, and I won't get into conflicts of interest or privilege there that I cited with the Oakland's Ethics Department. Thank god it's not a actual 'date night' to resolve 'Karen's' proposed "Spite Fence'. We filed an injunction to stop her from building her 'Spite Fence' shortly after we cleared the violations with the Oakland Zoning Department as she sent us a letter she was going to build a fence on the property line on the top portion of our driveway which is not a prescriptive easement yet, but we have used it as such for beter part of 19 years before she moved in 2006'ish. Here's the kicker, the driveway is 97" wide at it's narrowest point, 73" -74" of that width is our actual property, and when we park our cars we use the remaining 32"-33" of her property to enter and exit our cars, and occasionally use it to now service them limiting work to less than 72 hours etc, "no major repairs" as part of the zoning ordnance is subject to debate still as I believe that's a matter of opinion in my book at this stage!

Long story short, I'm looking for a space/help in swapping, do remaining swap, assembly windows, as the rust repair body work is now 99% done, and body is in K2 primer, I have a good M30 B32 engine I want to swap in with 5 speed 260 Getrag, and LSD I have, but really want to just get the car running driving even with the old ZF 4 speed for now, and replace the somewhat smokey M30 B28 engine so I can drive it move it around, and make more noise in the driveway on a regular basis .....!!! I can trade for parts, labor etc I'm pretty handy at metal work, painting, other stuff with some repairs pretty, and some not so pretty, but I work with what tools I have here, and can assist someone with their repairs or restoration in exchange as long as you don't have a "Karen" looking over your property also.....

PM or post here if your open to trade parts for use of your space or other means be it compensation in monetary form. I'm in Oakland nearby area would be best Sundays and Mondays are free days for me, I think SF Don's BMW Club in Alameda is pretty full up last I checked with quite a few members there already working on stuff. I have other options, but would like to just be more active in the community while I have a chance to, and also possibly help someone else nearby here...

norcal-bav

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey, I don’t have a space to offer, but, have been trying to see if there were others interested in sharing a shop space. I’m in the far east bay, Pittsburg, have another east bay person interested from the 2002faq forum.

coupe2800cs

Reaction score
Hey, I don’t have a space to offer, but, have been trying to see if there were others interested in sharing a shop space. I’m in the far east bay, Pittsburg, have another east bay person interested from the 2002faq forum.
Found a guy here in Oakland was renting out a 28' shipping container with power. I said I needed more space outside the container to do work. He said he was a welder, and had other tenants moving out soon??? I have not heard back from him about additional space or a month to month space think he was looking for lease 6 month minimun. He wanted $300.00 for the container space on Craigslist.