Evaporator assembly removal

Laldog

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of re-doing the floor insulation and carpet of the interior. I've put down a layer of Dynamat but the transmission hump and the area of the floor below the AC evaporator is an area of concern.

I've followed the directions for removal from the Mobile Traditions (link below), but the housing doesn't want to budge.

http://www.e9-driven.com/Public/Library/BMW-E9-Manual/pages/en/64510200.html

The Mobile Traditions pictures look like the carpeting is installed under the evaporator assembly and wraps around the top of the entire transmission hump. Is this accurate?

It would seem to be a better way of installing the carpeting (wrapping insulation and rug across the top and both sides of the hump).
This, of course, makes it necessary to remove the evaporator housing.

Is it worth the hassle or am I better off NOT wrestling with AC assembly and depend on adhesives etc. to keep the rug adhered to the sides of the transmission hump??

I'd love to hear what others have done.

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The carpet is not continuous over the top of the transmission hump (as least not as originally installed). You should be able to see this if you pull out the radio or side panels. It should be tucked part way under the evap housing.