Exhaust system for a B35

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have a fairly new stock e9 exhaust recently installed on my car. It has a new/rebuilt B35 motor with 10:1 pistons and a very mild cam. Just a little above stock. I find the stock exhaust a bit too discreet for my taste.

There are many threads on exhausts and I have read most of them. The two alternatives that keep coming up are the W&N system and the FritzBits one. The W&N is on sale right now and is, from what I read, really plug and play. But it is apparently designed for the 2800. On a 3.0 it may not make much of a difference but on a 3.5 does it start to choke the motor? The Fritzbits one sounds really appealing but there are only one or two people who have installed and written about it. Has anyone compared the two, especially on a mild 3.5? I would like a bit of a throaty sound but not something that will drive me nuts on long highway drive.

Thank you.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stock exhaust on my b35, breathes fine and has nice sound, I don’t like loud rumbles as it can get tiring on the highway. Mike had the Fritz Bits and loved it.

WALTER

Site Donor
Reaction score
Coupeking’s system was perfect on the mild B35 E9 I had. Throaty sound but not overdone at all. I had a different B35 E9 with a stock exhaust and it was perfectly adequate, but didn’t make the same throaty sound. Coupeking’s system is a bit spendy, but The smiles it brought taking off from a red light or in a tunnel were worth it.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I’ve bought and installed at least 10 Walloth exhausts now.
Have 4 sets in boxes stacked up for when they run out.
Can’t ask for anything in life better than cheap and beautiful....

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I’ve bought and installed at least 10 Walloth exhausts now.
Have 4 sets in boxes stacked up for when they run out.
Can’t ask for anything in life better than cheap and beautiful....
...and all of the 10 customers are happy with the sound?

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sound is great and the components are extremely well made.