Exhaust Tip Recommendations

jhjacobs

Reaction score
Does anyone have a suggestion / source for a chrome exhaust tip? The BMW catalog calls our a 55mm and a 60mm and neither seem to be available anymore despite various listing. I measured my pipe and it is 58mm (2 3/8'). I'd like to find something reasonably close to the original.

You might want to try a custom muffler shop. If they have a 2 1/4" ID length of stainless steel pipe they can enlarge it, then you can have it polished. It won't have the rolled lip on the end though.

Thanks for the suggestion. That would work. There do seem to be plenty of generic chrome tips on the market but I like the stainless idea. I'm kind of surprised the original or something like it isn't available - I think that some of the 530's used the same tip; but what am I thinking, that was last century!?

Then again, I could go an buy one of the LED illuminated jobs, punch a hole in the muffler and pretend my E9 is a Japanese street rod. :twisted: That would lead to goofy wheels, stripe, lowering, and a wing. Then I could pretend I have a Bat Mobile!

I'm pretty sure the originals are still available. Try calling a BMW dealer parts department and have them look up P/N 18 11 1 102 632.

I spent about 1 hour at the dealer searching their US and German databases for the part. Basically it is NLA. I did, almost by accident, find a company that lists it on-line and I placed an order: www.autohausaz.com Hopefully they have some stock.

try wallothnesch.de or .com -not sure.

I remember seeing ot on their website,for like 20 EUR(?)

Thanks all. I think I'll be sporting a new tip soon! The LED illuminated option was starting get too tempting so I appreciate the advice.

Correct exhaust tips are chromed brass--

At last check--they or an extremely close approximation were available at Mesa Performance in Costa Mesa, CA

Back