Exterior chrome trim

RICHI587

Reaction score
I just recently purchased a 2800 and planning to have it repainted. Well to make a long story short. Have a good friend that owns a body shop and said he will do the very little body work needed and spray the car if i buy the paint, materials, help with stripping and prep oh and lots of beer lol. So i have been searching for the last couple of days with no luck. I am wondering if there is something that shows how to remove all the exterior trim and everything needed to respray? Also when i bought the car i received every new piece of rubber for the whole car, is there a general removal how to for that also? I know its probably not an easy question. I saw the e9-driven site shows grills but couldn't find much else. Sorry for the newb question. I am mechanically inclined and a work on aircraft everyday. Restoring a69 camaro now but know very little about the e9. Thank you in advance to anyone who can aid. And sorry again

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There are so many parts that you may remove by simply removing a screw or nut.
The front grill has six obvious screws. The aluminum trim around the car is help on by 9mm nuts. They are all accessible but there are a fer tight fits. Roundels come off with gentle persuasion. C pillar cloisonné roundels come out of the aluminum trim targets using a feeler gauge to get them going DO NOT USE A SCREW DRIVER.

You have a lot of E9 guys in your area you could visit to learn.