Eye opener !

holy shit, all 3 of them made me laugh with disbelief, but i still think the first is my favorite. The way he hobbles away, knowing how lucky he's been and the look on the other blokes face is brilliant...

As somebody who goes rallying and has marshalled on events...

Some members of the public are idiots! Standing on the outside of bends, riding bicycles on a "live" stage, pushing prams along a "live" stage, I have come across them all. Of course in Scotland with the right to roam policy you cannot physically restrain people only tell them to watch out for cars......

When your driving or navigating you are so focused on the "stage" you do not "see" individuals, you might see an orange "blob" or whatever colour anorak they are wearing. It's not the same as driving on a public road, you do not have to concentrate on pedestrians, other road users, trafffic coming the other way, your just going flat out and using all of the "stage road " to get through as fast as you can.

Sorry to be a downer here, and yes these people were lucky, but eventually somebody will be killed and this form of motorsport will be banned due to an idiot spectators stupidity. I can see the headlines in the red top newpapers now...

(yes the Marshall was stupid too)

I'll get off my high horse...
Malc

Back