Fan Shroud

chope97

Reaction score
I have owned 5 e3s over the last 35+ years and I have never seen one with a fan shroud in place. I own two e3s now and I have two fan shrouds sitting around. Seems to me it would be a good idea to install them. How many guys have fan shrouds on their cars and do they see a benefit? I live in the Wash, D.C area and it can get humid and hot here

E12 here, but shouldn’t be much different. No fan shroud on my car and as long as the cooling system is bled completely ( a PITA that I’ve had to do twice), it runs cool under any conditions I’ve driven it in, including 80-90 mph for hours in the summer And heavy stop-and-go traffic. I do have a shroud that I picked up to put in it, but not sure that I see the point unless I find myself having to remove the radiator for some reason - I’m sure not going to go through the damn bleeding again just to add a shroud.

Hello
I mounted a fan shroud on my E9 with automatic as it was missing when I bought the car. With the shroud the air is pulled through the radiator in a better way by the fan. The air is forced to go through the radiator as the shroud separates the area „radiator“ and „engine departement“

17111115083 Is fan shroud E9/E3​

BMW still offers it for about 100 EUR
Regards Ulrich

Back