March Virtual Swap is Live (Spring Cleaning Time!)

March Virtual Swap is Live (Spring Cleaning Time!)

• Yeah I’ll likely be buying and selling!

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • I can commit to selling a part in March!

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Nothing to sell, but I’m an interested buyer.

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Don’t clutter the FS section with an influx of listings

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I agree. This site is so International, really need some specific destination to provide even a ballpark shipping quote, before a buyer will commit. Not difficult, but if seller has packaging ready to go, it can be a quick calculation. I mean, have a box the right construction and size ready, then just plug in dimensions, weight and destination, shipping quote a click away. Preparation, as we have all experienced, is key.
I ship tail light lenses and wind deflector kits internationally every month.
Not a problem but extra paperwork for the seller. One should send as a gift to avoid VAT or other import taxes or declare at a low value

Baikallackierung

Reaction score
Best deals>>>

1) USPS 1st class (must be under a pound total - bubble wrap in a bag)
2) USPS flat rate envelopes/boxes - there are many shapes and sizes, even a long thin Large box - weight limits are pretty high and International is reasonable.
3) USPS Priority, except when the weight goes over 5 'ish pounds, depending on your location/destination. The transition to FedEx ground or UPS gets sticky here price wise.
4) FedEx and UPS ground services are most economical once the weight is past the 5 pound mark, though I am not sure the exact point.

NOTE: At the moment USPS services other than Priority and 1st class are running very slowly I assume due to high volume. Could take up to 6 weeks per my experience.

Blinkling

Site Donor
Reaction score
Is that Agave green I see?:)

The rare and, I'm sure, much beloved Amazonasgrün!

Thanks for the recommendations and for working out the particulars, fellas! For inspiration: who here can shake a couple of E9 or early E3 front struts out of their collections? In time for March, I mean.

bossrobot

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have extra parts. this might give me the push I need to get with it !
Glad that you guys are doing the groundwork.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have extra parts. this might give me the push I need to get with it !
Glad that you guys are doing the groundwork.

Agreed! The tricky part will be to sell more stuff than we buy!

I’m going to make a concerted effort to go through my bins and get rid of anything that I know I don’t need or won’t use.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Count me in! Can I make a suggestion, the price should be considered a starting price for private (PM) negotiations just like you haggle at swap meets (at least I really enjoy pissing off vendors at these events), but since we don't "auction" stuff on this site- thank goodness- we could haggle if items were listed as "March Madness" or something of that sort as opposed to a regular non swap-meet for sale item. Just a thought??

JohnP_02

Reaction score
Sounds like fun, count me in. Do we have a specific date/time yet?
Thanks!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sounds like fun, count me in. Do we have a specific date/time yet?
Thanks!

The entire month of March. Spring cleaning folks! I’m guessing things will fizzle after week 2 but hopefully people head out to the garage and make and effort!

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I’ve put a few things together ready to sell. Do we just start listing or will there be a “virtual swap meet” thread?

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Oh Crap. March is here already. JMinNJ raises a good question, should we just post stuff like we normally would do in the parts section?

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I sold my first a little while ago...I posted it last night with a regular price and changed to a garage sale price today. Hope that was OK :)