Fiberglass CS parts

Mario L.

Reaction score
At the risk of using this forum for advertising . . and this post is that, but reading this thread and seeing the frustrations associated with air dams and 635 style air dam fitment . . I'd like to let you all know that we produce the CSL style air dam, molded from a factory original and can ship this worldwide!

Presently they are made of fiberglass with polyester resin, over the next several months we'll be moving our fabrication to another shop where everything will be vacuum bagged epoxy, bi-directional cloth oven cured. Lighter and stronger. Possibly even in carbon fiber . . hopefully we are able to maintain this price point.

As all of this moves forward we may build (if there's enough demand) a rear deck spoiler with a rubber lip, and possibly an Alpina clone front spoiler.

We have installed these here on several cars, shipped them to Australia, and to Europe. Overseas shipment is done by slicing the completed air dam in half and it gets re-assembled at installation.

Pictures are on our website
http://www.vsr1.com/index.php?page=e9-csl-airdam

Thank you,
Mario L.

Just adding that I'm very happy with the airdam that I got from Mario.
To be totally honest, I can not comment on the out of box fit of this airdam because VSR took care of it - from my understanding my car may have been somewhat of a guinea pig. I can say that I'm very pleased with the end result.

for anybody that hasn't dealt with Mario before. he's a stand-up guy. ask anybody with an e30 m3 about some of the great products he has produced for that group. Mario's work is always of the highest quality possible.

i've bought some parts for my coupe from him ... he is helpful and knowledgeable.
scott

Last edited:
roll bars

Hey Mario,

Let us know when ya make a E9 4pt roll bar with a removable Martini cross brace similar to the Autopower unit for the E30 and 02s.

;-)

We can do that . . .all I need is 4 commitments, we already build one for the E30 and E36 chassis... I'll estimate price to be around $585- $625.00

The design would be a four point bar, and will most likely require removal of rear outside arm rest. We can build two different versions, one for a sunroof car with a lower roof height.
I'm not comfortable building it like Alpina did the old 2002 bar that attached along the bottom edge of the rear quarter glass.

Tube material will be .095 wall DOM, base plates will be 3/16" thick, designed with backing plates and through bolted.

This will be a truck freight item, and needs a commercial address to ship to. Residential delivery is lots more money.

Mario L.

All I can offer you for pictures right now is one that is on our website under cars for sale. Look at the images from the 335is for sale.
This is one of our rollbars installed in an E30 chassis.
Obviously the design for an e9 coupe would be somewhat different,
Although the concept would be similar.

Mario L.

All I can offer you for pictures right now is one that is on our website under cars for sale. Look at the images from the 335is for sale.
This is one of our rollbars installed in an E30 chassis.
Obviously the design for an e9 coupe would be somewhat different,
Although the concept would be similar.

Mario L.

How about the one in the race E9 you made for Gavin?

Back