Finally got some pictures

ken Sagan

Reaction score
Someone asked about a complete restoration, well I would like to show mine. After 15 yrs of searching for that right one, from Atlanta to Boston, I found it in my hometown. Of course it came to me completely apart and in baggies, thousands of them. No more than a rolling shell and was very difficult to assertain from the front that it was a coupe. No windshield, no part bigger than a peach basket. But, a true, documented California car. The car came with all the papers and ownership records. It took 5 yrs to get to this point and I have yet to drive it. We are in the final stages of completion, wiring is being completed and then the final fit of all doors. I may get to drive it yet this year. I could not have done this without the help of 2 couper's, Paul Reichart and Jack Miller. They supplied the parts that were missing and the expert knowledge needed to keep this project going. We were talking the other day and between the 3 of us we have 6 coupes, in a town of 800 residents. Probably some record there. What an experience. Of course I am very proud of her. Would I do it again? Probably. We'll see what happens next.

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x3/dobreboy/

Color

I took about 6 months deciding on what color to make this car. Originally it was Saraha... BLAH..We knew it was not going to be that color. So one day my wife and I saw a new Jaguar and it had a beautiful blue metalic, we found the color chip and painted it that color. Midnight Blue Metalic. With that color exterior, it was obvious that it would change from the 2 tone brown to a white interior with blue chordpiping. . Some would say that this would be considered a "no brainer" being that we are in Penn State country, my alma mater; school colors, blue and white.

Nice job!

If I may make a suggestion: Go around with a small brush and black or silver enamel, and paint the bolt heads, axles, etc where they are starting to show rust (except on the exhaust, which will rust anyway). You can do this now before it get greasy, and it should last for years.

That should make your fine work look even cleaner.

Really impressive job on the body!! You have inspired me.

S

Back