Finally Posting Pictures of My Coupe

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
My first attempt at posting pictures. We'll see if this works...

Here are some pictures of my coupe, it's been over two years since I finished it. What am I saying, it will never be finished!

d66206173ddf1a50df195dde970361b5.jpg

b2805047ba794b59f4f7b708ebb83459.jpg

f28633c230fdfa071b94bdce39f90feb.jpg

bea724dacafe619fa79f5e23b507ede0.jpg

Holy Batman, make that Batmobile, that is one beautiful restoration Vince. Seeing your coupe gives me the renewed inspiration to redo my CS.

Albert
72 3.5 CSi(L-jet)
88 M6

Thanks for the positive comments!

The seats are Recaros. In the 80s, a previous owner put them in along with a header, bigger sway bars f&r, weber carbs, and BBS RS three piece rims. I thought they were all cool period correct upgrades. I considered finding stock seats before I did the interior but these were just too nice. The leather is later BMW color, a local shop did the work. I took the dash apart and put it all back together. I can't even remember how I did it. It must be one horrific experiences that your subconscious blocks out.

Beautiful work.

Vince, can you tell me what size the rims and tires are and whether you had/have any fitmit issues?

Thanks
Drew

Great looking car!Definetly an inspiration to get out and work on mine.I see you have some speaker like holes in your kick panels,did you fab them yourself?What size speaker did you use?Thanks.

Four on the floor, independent rear end with limited slip, gorgeous chocolate brown livery.

That's one pretty car!

Coupes, motorcycles, Labs-run em, ride em, love em.

The wheels are 17x8 Style 5 BBSs off an E39, lips are polished. My wife's 528it has the same wheels and I've always love the look.

The front wheels required hub centric spacers but other than that they mounted right up. They clear everything, in some cases barely. Your front fenders would have to rolled.

Style 5s

I have these on my 88 M6 (replacing the dreaded metric TRXs). I hadn't thought about them for the e9 (fortunately I have Alpinas) but they look great! Beautiful car.

Hi Vince
Very nice car, Love the wheels :wink: i must say they the only BMW alloys that works on new and old models alike, the wood looks like new!, have you had it refinished or is it original.
Thanks Neil.

Back