fishy listing

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
this is a fishy deal. i thought it looked familiar - had familiar pix, but fewer of them. no showing of the black paint under the hood.

if its not fishy, then it must not have been as advertized previously. i have sent an email to the previous seller asking if he will disclose who he sold it to or what state they are in. i also let him know our concerns and copied the auction listing.

will let you all know what i hear

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
it is a fraudulent listing. i got a reply from the original seller who has reported it to ebay. the buyer of the car lives in nevada and called the original seller as well.

HBe9

Reaction score
maybe its a sting operation !! hope they catch his ass

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
no idea - maybe because its sunday?

User details:From User:tsfarmsinc (74
iconBlueStar_25x25.gif
)
94.4% Positive FeedbackMember since Aug-23-01 in United StatesLocation: GA, United StatesActivity with tsfarmsinc (last 90 days): I have bid on 0 items from tsfarmsinc
Activity with tsfarmsinc (last 90 days): tsfarmsinc has bid on 0 of my items

Dear alpineweiss_m3,

Yes, its a fraudulent listing. I have reported it to Ebay. The buyer of the car lves in Nevada and called me about the listing.

- tsfarmsinc

HBe9

Reaction score
markhogan11 (0)

this is the guy listing it now !! no prior record

HBe9

Reaction score
good, seems like ebay finally took it down, crazy what some try to pull off!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
it is seemingly happening a lot with e9 coupes. there was one in socal a few months ago that reappeared a few different ways. glad we did what we could to keep somebody from being screwed. my guess is that because there are a reasonable amount of coupes in varied conditions that it would be easy to do.

when i was first looking for a coupe i posted a WTB on the 'cca site and was approached by somebody w/ great pix and a cheap price, asked for the vin and got a number from an e30, asked about it and never heard another word.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i reported it to ebay ... and i sent the listing to the original seller. hopefully it will get pulled again.

HBe9

Reaction score
The SOB doesn't quit, unbelievable !!
I saw this surfing the web while traveling to EU and glad to see its been flagged already !

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i can't believe ebay hasn't taken it down. there are 2 bid cancellations - one for 10,500 another for 10,600